Plugins and how to use them.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Plugins and how to use them.

Post  Daeranoth on Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:12 pm

I am not sure how many Kin memebers are aware that there plugins that can make game play easier. For example, how many times have you been in a group or RAID and lost your mouse cursor at the most critical time. I use Mouse Cursor Highlighter Advance (MCHA) that places a bubble around your cursor which makes it easier to find during battle.

Another plugin I use is TULKAS (named after a character in the Silmarillion). This plug in allows you to examine items and armor that you are wearing and compare them to items found through out the game and with the result you will see how that item can effect your character by seeing what the item adds or takes away from your stats.

With one of the last updates for the game, Turbine has now added support for third party plugins. When you sign in to the game and before you launch your character, there is a button on the left side named Manage Plugins. While in-game, you can bring up the plugin manager by typing /plugin manager. The panel that pops up allows you to load / unload plugins and assign which plugins to load on which character automatically.

So how do you get these plugins?

Follow the link to LOTRO Interface. But before you run over there, let me recommend your first utility. The link will take you to the download page for LI. Once there, locate and click on Tools and Utilities for Users. Once there, you need to select LOTRO Plugin Compendium. This utility runs outside of the game and contains a rather large list of the most popular plugins used by the players. It also contains the two plugins I mentioned earlier. What makes this even more special is that when you use this utility, which ever plugin you choose from the list, the compendium will do the installation for you. After that, you just need to launch the game, choose plugin manager and pick which toon will use the new plugin.

More to come as I review plugins and how they work.

Admin

http://gofangorn.org

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top