Guardians of Fangorn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Questing Parties - Information

Go down

Questing Parties - Information Empty Questing Parties - Information

Post  Guest Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:42 am

One aspect of LOTRO is questing. Whether you are working along the epic storyline, or helping out the random townsfolk, there is plenty to do. Sometimes, if you look at it all, it can be overwhelming. Where to start? Which quest to do first? How do I know which ones I should do?

My answer would be "Do all of them!" ... but like my husband tells me, I'm an annoying completionist that way Smile

What I am going to try and do here is break things down a bit and get an idea of what is needed / wanted within the Kin. I don't' want anyone to feel left out because of level / class / other reasons.

First - Let's look at why we quest. In no order of importance, my thoughts are as follows:

• Working through the Epic Storyline - Very valid, and can net some good rewards. Some of these quests are very difficult solo though.
  • You are new, and haven't discovered other aspects of the game yet - That's OK! Quests are a great way to get used to the interface and game play.
  • You use quests to level - If you stack quests right to complete at the same time in the right level range, this can be a very effective way to level up quickly.
  • You use quests to gain reputation - This is a helpful way to grind rep in various regions of Middle Earth. There are many repeatable quests we can take a look at to help in this endeavor as well.
  • You use quests for socialization - This is important in an MMO, very important! Smile
  • You use quests to help complete Deeds in game - Some deeds can only be completed through quests, and some deeds may not require quests but it helps them feel less daunting. There is some overlap to the Deeding post I will make soon - stay tuned!

What I would like to do is set up a rotation of questing areas. No matter your reasons you are welcome to join in. If we're questing in Bree (typically a lower level area) all the higher levels would be welcome to come socialize, and maybe kill a tough boss or two. Unfortunately, due to game restrictions we can't really take a lvl 20-30 person into Moria, but we'll have to work with that Smile

Please, reply here, message me in game, do whatever you need to to let me know what you are struggling with in your questing endeavors. Are you running solo and found a boss you need a group for? Are you just at a point you are stuck not knowing what to do next? I want to know these things so I can help you work through them.

Even if we aren't having a questing event specific to your issue, please let me know and I'm more than happy to answer questions along the way ... also I won't chain gang you to my quest parties if you don't wanna go alien

OK before this turns too rambley - I turn the floor over to questions and comments - cheers

Last edited by Artamishia on Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Questing Parties - Information Empty Re: Questing Parties - Information

Post  Guest Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:49 pm

I know i'll need some questing done in the North Downs, and possibly a bit in Bree still.

Back to top Go down